Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Denver Detour

While we hadn't planned to spend a night in Denver on our journey it really worked out great! By "great" I mean it really sucked the will to live from my existence. We got in to Denver International only to wait for "mechanical problems being taken care of" to "mechanical problems that cancelled our late flight to SLC. By 1:00am I was about ready to scream and strangle someone, actually a few someones, before they finally had us line up to get vouchers for hotels and new flights for today. Actually, some people won't be going home until Thursday or Friday. Lucky for us they put us up in a really nice hotel, way better than anything we had in Europe. Wait, no, it was worse and dirtier than any of our hotels on the trip. I hate dirty hotels. But, we didn't have much choice since we didn't get there until around 2:00am and I was tired and grouchy. (Actually true, ask Rach.)

So now I am sitting in the DIA, waiting for a flight to SLC so I can go home and shower and actually sleep in my B-E-D. After that, maybe I will do a final post for all my readers (all three of them, counting Mom). I know I need to finish off my epic journey with a thematically matching closure of what I learned on my journey, chances are that it wasn't what I thought I would learn when I started out though, because that's what happens to heroes who go on epic journeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment